Beauvais Hadrien
Beauvais Hadrien
United Kingdom
Member (2021)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 25, 2023

Dear fellow translators,

I have recently obtained a master degree in translation at the Open University from the UK and I have subscribed as a professional member on ProZ. In parallel, I have also applied to some online agencies but did not get successful because either I failed their tests either they refused my pair languages (ZH-CN, ZH-TW or EN-US, EN-UK to FR-FR) because the demand is too few or there are too much people, either I am allowed in their pool but don't get work ve
... See more
Dear fellow translators,

I have recently obtained a master degree in translation at the Open University from the UK and I have subscribed as a professional member on ProZ. In parallel, I have also applied to some online agencies but did not get successful because either I failed their tests either they refused my pair languages (ZH-CN, ZH-TW or EN-US, EN-UK to FR-FR) because the demand is too few or there are too much people, either I am allowed in their pool but don't get work very often. I also think that I lack of practising my skills.

Could you please guide me to some charities which are currently recruiting for the pair (ZH-CN, ZH-TW or EN-US, EN-UK to FR-FR) in order to perfect my skills? Please don't mention TWB, I've subscribed as well but there are too much people/or the missions are too few with my pair languages.

Sorry in advance if I made some grammar or mistakes, I am not an English native speaker.

Thank you very much in advance for your support.

Hadrien
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:12
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Hadrien Nov 25, 2023

There are lots of charity organizations looking for pro bono translators. The ones I did work with are:

Doctors without Frontiers
Humana People to People
Médecins du Monde
Malaria Consortium
Mercy Corps
United Nations Volunteers Programme

In my opinion, the best thing to do is to contact those working in an area you’re passionate about…

Good luck!

philgoddard

Beauvais Hadrien
Beauvais Hadrien
United Kingdom
Member (2021)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Maria Teresa Borgeis de Almeida Jan 5

Thank you for your pieces of advice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ask for charity translation work - need practising my skills

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »