Poll: Which device do you use most often when you respond to translation inquiries?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Mar 28

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Which device do you use most often when you respond to translation inquiries?".

View the poll results »

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:03
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
PC Mar 28

I only use my PC to respond to translation inquiries. I use my smartphone just to check my email but I will respond when I’m back at home.

Baran Keki
Sandra Boca
Simon Turner
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

Alex Lichanow
Alex Lichanow
Germany
Local time: 15:03
Member (2020)
English to German
+ ...
Mostly PC Mar 28

I receive most of my business emails during my working hours anyway, so I'm at my PC, have my email client opened and can use an actual keyboard.
If I receive an email outside of my working hours or when I am out during those hours for any reason, I will sometimes use my smartphone to reply if I missed out on anything important otherwise. Anything else can wait until I can get back to my PC. Using the touchscreen of a 6-inch phone is too much of a hassle and I would hate to fat-finger my b
... See more
I receive most of my business emails during my working hours anyway, so I'm at my PC, have my email client opened and can use an actual keyboard.
If I receive an email outside of my working hours or when I am out during those hours for any reason, I will sometimes use my smartphone to reply if I missed out on anything important otherwise. Anything else can wait until I can get back to my PC. Using the touchscreen of a 6-inch phone is too much of a hassle and I would hate to fat-finger my business emails.
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Christopher Schröder
Patricia Prevost
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Philip Lees

Liena Vijupe
Liena Vijupe  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 16:03
Member (2014)
French to Latvian
+ ...
Mostly computer Mar 28

I do use my phone to check e-mails when I am not at my desk during standard business hours and send a quick reply to my regular clients, but usually it can wait until I am back. If I am on vacation I just set an out-of-office message and do not check anything.

Alex Lichanow
Tainá Ferreira

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:03
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Desktop Mar 28

A Lenovo All-in-one desktop computer. Its screen is wider than any cellphone, the keyboard is more comfortable too. I see, read and process more information per minute compared to the cellphone.

Aline Brito
Aline Brito  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:03
Member (2020)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Desktop Mar 28

I prefer doing everything work-related on my desktop. Only when something is urgent, and I have no access to my desktop (or any desktop/laptop) do I use my phone. But I can count on one hand how many times that has happened in 10+ years in the industry.

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 08:03
English to Russian
+ ...
Brain Mar 28

Helps on many levels.

Daryo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which device do you use most often when you respond to translation inquiries?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »