What are the requirements to be able to certify a translated document?
Thread poster: ElzbietaDrab (X)
ElzbietaDrab (X)
ElzbietaDrab (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:08
English to Polish
Feb 7, 2013

Hi everybody!

I've been asked to translate a marriage certificate for a court. I have a MA in Interpreting and Translation, can I certify it? What would I need to write? And if I wanted to have my own stamp, could you please tell me what should be on it to be valid?

Also, if there is anybody out there who know how Polish law works, I have another question. Can I certify a document that I translate here in the UK and will it still be accepted in Poland as a certif
... See more
Hi everybody!

I've been asked to translate a marriage certificate for a court. I have a MA in Interpreting and Translation, can I certify it? What would I need to write? And if I wanted to have my own stamp, could you please tell me what should be on it to be valid?

Also, if there is anybody out there who know how Polish law works, I have another question. Can I certify a document that I translate here in the UK and will it still be accepted in Poland as a certified document (przysiegly)?
Thank you very much!

Elzbieta
Collapse

Paweł Hamerski
Paweł Hamerski
Poland
Local time: 08:08
English to Polish
+ ...
What the court says? Feb 9, 2013

ElzbietaDrabent wrote:

Hi everybody!

Also, if there is anybody out there who know how Polish law works, I have another question. Can I certify a document that I translate here in the UK and will it still be accepted in Poland as a certified document (przysiegly)?
Thank you very much!

Elzbieta

Your story has loops. If for English court, ask them. If for Polish court I doubt if it will be accepted as such - again if you are not a certified/sworn translator in Poland or UK there is no fixed rule - only the Polish court will tell.
Other questions are for UK-located translators only.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What are the requirements to be able to certify a translated document?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »