Can't open my freemail
Thread poster: Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:13
Italian to German
May 22, 2004

On several Macs here in my school, including mine, when I type user name and password on www.web.de and press "Enter", it says (translated) "Protection error: wrong data decryption". My internet preferences don't show any restriction/protection.
Please help!
Martin from Udine

Michael Sciascia
Michael Sciascia
Italian to English
+ ...
Which Browser? May 23, 2004

Did you try with other browsers than your default one?
If you use Mac OS X you could try with Omniweb, Firefox or Camino instead of Safari and Internet Expoler

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:13
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
Security preferences ? May 24, 2004

Martin Schmurr wrote:

On several Macs here in my school, including mine, when I type user name and password on www.web.de and press "Enter", it says (translated) "Protection error: wrong data decryption". My internet preferences don't show any restriction/protection.
Please help!
Martin from Udine

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Until I've found out that I had changed the security level of my modem 2 days before and that I coudn't use any form ("formluaire" : username + password) any more : either on proz, nor for online banking etc.
Maybe it's the same ?-)

Cheers

Emmanuelle

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
salut Emmanuelle, May 24, 2004

I checked all the Internet security levels of my computer. How do you check those of the modem? It hasn't got a screen, has it? ;o)

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:13
Member (2004)
German to French
+ ...
Bonjourno ! May 25, 2004

Martin Schmurr wrote:

I checked all the Internet security levels of my computer. How do you check those of the modem? It hasn't got a screen, has it? ;o)

Actually, it does have a screen : I have a wireless router/modem and have the possibility to choose a security level in the settings.

Does this problem occur only when you want to open your freemail ?

Emmanuelle ;O)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open my freemail

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »