I think I'm done giving potential scammers the benefit of the doubt.
Autor de la hebra: STEPHEN YOUNG
STEPHEN YOUNG
STEPHEN YOUNG
Estados Unidos
Local time: 18:21
Miembro Mar 2024
japonés al inglés
+ ...
May 3

When I started this career full-time a while back, I steered clear of anything a little off.
Now, with maybe more age in the industry or confidence, I have been trying to give the companies that seem a little of a chance. Doing this has only taken me a couple of months to realize that it is 100% not worth it.

What are your alls thoughts?

Keith Jackson

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:21
Miembro 2007
inglés al portugués
+ ...
@Stephen May 3

I’ve never been scammed, though I’ve gone through a few attempts. I just don’t give them the benefit of the doubt. If it sounds fishy or too good to be true, I’m more than happy to move away – better safe than sorry. I guess I’ve been extremely careful and… lucky. I can’t ignore though the endless posts I’ve been seeing here about scammers and non-payers.

Thayenga

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japón
Local time: 07:21
Miembro 2005
inglés al japonés
+ ...
Go with your instincts May 4

Like Maria Teresa wrote, if you think or feel that something is fishy or if it seems too good to be true offer, just follow your instincts and stay away. Better safe than sorry, and think about the consequences. You waste your time doing a job which turns out to be an unpaid job, and moreover, you have to go through all the hassle and use your energy to get paid which would never happen.

Dan Lucas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I think I'm done giving potential scammers the benefit of the doubt.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »