Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You still have time to participate! Nov 7, 2007

Hey people!

Less than three ours for the contest to close!

Haven't you submitted your story?

You still have time to leave this little mark in our lives!

http://www.proz.com/topic/86849

Be back at 15 GMT with voting details.

S.

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Half an hour left! Nov 7, 2007

A bit more than half an hour to post your story!

And stories keep coming...

You still have time!

http://www.proz.com/topic/86849

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Voting for our First Short Story Contest has started! Nov 7, 2007

Dear StudentZ

Submission phase for our First Student Short Story Contest has ended.

Voting will start for all of you as soon as you finish reading this post.

These are the details for the voting:

Who can vote?

All student members and users that have submitted a story for the contest or not (in two words:all students) can vote at the contest.

How do you vote?

Voters will have 5 positive poi
... See more
Dear StudentZ

Submission phase for our First Student Short Story Contest has ended.

Voting will start for all of you as soon as you finish reading this post.

These are the details for the voting:

Who can vote?

All student members and users that have submitted a story for the contest or not (in two words:all students) can vote at the contest.

How do you vote?

Voters will have 5 positive points to award to one or more stories as they want. That is, for example I can give story “A” 3 points, story “B” one point and story “C” one point. That, or any combination you may want that adds up to 5 points. If you want to awards the 5 points to a single story that would be fine too.
Two restrictions:
-You cannot fraction points (you can't give 1 point and a half to one story, or 2 points and a quarter to another – couldn't do the maths, I'm a translator not a nuclear physicist).
-You can't vote for your own story!

Where do you vote?

We will do the voting via email, so that nobody is shy to vote. You can send me an email to [email protected] with the subject: “Short Story Contest Voting” (subject is very important as we don't want any vote to get lost among other emails). In the body of the mail simply write something like: I give to 2 points to “xxxxx” story by “xxxx”, and 3 points to “xxxxx” story by “xxxx”, for example.

When does voting finish?

I will receive emails till November 14th 15:00 GMT. At that moment I will announce the winner and I will post a breakdown of the voting, without revealing names of the voters of course. Still, if any of you want to see the actual votes for any particular reason, there will be no problem at all, as the voting is not a secret, we just do it this way so that everybody feels comfortable.

Well ladies and gentlemen...voting time has started!

Go to the contest thread http://www.proz.com/topic/86849, read the stories very carefully, open your mind and souls to these little works of art, and say it in five points!

Good luck to all contestants!

Sole.
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
An important detail Nov 8, 2007

Wooow! Voting is hot! And I am having so much fun doing this!

Emails keep coming and stories are so good that this is going to be very tight I guess. So, your vote, one vote, could make the difference.

One important detail:
As I said in the previous posting, all students (users and members) can vote, that means that you have to be registered in the site as a student to give your vote to a story.
To make things faster for me, I kindly ask you to incl
... See more
Wooow! Voting is hot! And I am having so much fun doing this!

Emails keep coming and stories are so good that this is going to be very tight I guess. So, your vote, one vote, could make the difference.

One important detail:
As I said in the previous posting, all students (users and members) can vote, that means that you have to be registered in the site as a student to give your vote to a story.
To make things faster for me, I kindly ask you to include a link to your profile in the site when you send your vote. Thanks a lot for this!

Well then...choose your fav(s), tell your classmates and friends to come and vote, and remember that your choice can really make a difference!

See you around!

Sole.
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:48
German to French
+ ...
Last day to vote ! Nov 13, 2007

Hi there, fellow StudentZ !

Don't forget, you have till tomorrow 15 GMT to vote for for your favorite Short Story !!

I'm reaaaaaally looking forward to the results, it's going to be very exciting !

CheerZ,
Anne

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clock is ticking! Nov 14, 2007

Less than an hour to choose the best story!!

You still have time!!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thread for comments on the First Student Short Story Contest

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »