Thread poster: Nesrin
Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:33
English to French
+ ...
Fully agree with Gianfranco Jun 15, 2007

Nothing to add to it - he is expressing my thoughts accurately and I would have said the same thing. The BlueBoard only works if we keep adding to it, positive or negative.

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 17:33
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
So let's contribute! Jun 15, 2007

gianfranco wrote:
I would say, to convince you, that outsourcers are not so easily impressed by a simple positive feedback, but more likely to come back if you provide a quality service.

Totally agree with Gianfranco - this is true here, and in every other aspect of professional life: quality service, accomplished deadlines, reasonable rates, etc. is what counts.
It may be helpful to know that the Blueboard contains right now a little over 35,000 entries, and these have been made by about 8600 members, averaging 3 entries per contributor.
No small numbers, by any standard, but considering how useful is the BB to all of us, imagine what it could become if contributors were at least 15-20,000 and if they contributed an average of 5-10 entries each!!
ç
After all, there is not just one BB number that counts, but two BB numbers: the historic average, and the last 12 monts as well.
I have worked for an agency or two who happen to have a 5 lately, but started out with low numbers - and I assure you, their relationship with me is tip-top!

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:33
German to English
+ ...
To NR_Stedman Jun 15, 2007

How would you know whether the agency revises your work or sends it straight to the client?

In some cases you may know, but I'd be hard pressed to make that determination for other agencies.

Trudy

Anna Lanave
Anna Lanave  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:33
French to Italian
+ ...
BB vs WWA Aug 23, 2007

I strongly believe that the BB system is useful, a good tool to evaluate the first approach of a new client.

However I am asking to myself, why then clients can decline to make a WWA entry for the translator they have worked with?

How should this be interpreted:
1. non-WWA
2. laziness
3. non-interest in the WWA system?

I wish to know your opinion.

Thank you.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:33
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Both BB and WWA are voluntary systems Aug 23, 2007

lanave wrote:

BB vs WWA

I strongly believe that the BB system is useful, a good tool to evaluate the first approach of a new client.

However I am asking to myself, why then clients can decline to make a WWA entry for the translator they have worked with?

Both BB and WWA are voluntary systems in the sense that nobody can be forced to make an entry.

Speculation on why a translator fails to enter a BB entry on an outsourcer or why a given outsourcer fails to enter a WWA entry on a translator's profile would be just that, speculation.

Regards,
Enrique

Anna Lanave
Anna Lanave  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:33
French to Italian
+ ...
I'm sorry, I don't get the point Sep 6, 2007

On top of this web page I read:

Translators - Translator Resources
PROZ
The translators workplace

Then, I should find a definition, which is not speculation, for pretending that a workplace undergoes the rules of a voluntary activity.

Anyway. This issue is basically not so important.

Have a nice evening.

Anna

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My troubled relationship with the Blue Board

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »