Thread poster: Henry Hinds
Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 15:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
bringing back another suggestion... Mar 28, 2007

... which I think was also Viktoria's (I can't remember where I read it exactly, so I apologise if I'm wrong).

I've always thought that placing a sign that reads "The offered rate is lower than the (site's) average for this language pair" next to job posts that fit the description is a great idea. It wouldn't be price-fixing, would it?

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:32
English to French
+ ...
You are right, Andrea! Mar 30, 2007

That was actually an offspring of one of my suggestions.

Another suggestion I made some time ago to help fix the rate issue here at least partially was not to allow the posting of rates by job posters. Let the service providers offer their rates - based on those, the outsourcer will have the choice to accept or decline and the ball will be in his/her court.

These are just a small sampling of suggestions lost in cyberspace......
See more
That was actually an offspring of one of my suggestions.

Another suggestion I made some time ago to help fix the rate issue here at least partially was not to allow the posting of rates by job posters. Let the service providers offer their rates - based on those, the outsourcer will have the choice to accept or decline and the ball will be in his/her court.

These are just a small sampling of suggestions lost in cyberspace...

[Edited at 2007-03-30 06:26]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Low offers never ending

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »