It seems Proz clock is slow ('no, looks ok')
Thread poster: Boris Sigalov
Boris Sigalov
Boris Sigalov
Local time: 22:31
English to Russian
Aug 10, 2006

I have noticed that Proz clock is slow.

The latest example (http://www.proz.com/job/122620):

The outsourcer has chosen to restrict this job to ProZ.com members.
Members-only until: 16:22 Aug 10 GMT

Now it is already 16:47 GMT but the job is still restricted. Is it possible to do something about this problem? Thanks in advance.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-08-10 16:40]

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:31
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Well,.. Aug 10, 2006

Boris Sigalov wrote:

Now it is already 16:47 GMT but the job is still restricted. Is it possible to do something about this problem? Thanks in advance.

The clock is in the upper right corner of every ProZ.com page and at this very moment it reads: 16:10 GMT. I guess you need to wait 12 minutes.

Magda

[Edited at 2006-08-10 16:12]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:31
English to German
+ ...
Don't confuse GMT with UK local time Aug 10, 2006

Hi Boris,
You posted at 1547 GMT, which - during daylight savings time - is 1647 UK local time. Right now, UK time is GMT+1.

As far as I can see, the time shown on ProZ.com (=GMT or, more precisely, UTC) is accurate.

You can check on www.worldtimezone.com/, for example - note the one hour difference shown between "Greenwich Time" and "London".

HTH, Ralf

Boris Sigalov
Boris Sigalov
Local time: 22:31
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
My clock was fast... Aug 10, 2006

Magda and Ralf,

Thanks for your quick replies.

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Right now, UK time is GMT+1.

Aha, that was my mistake: I didn't take into consideration that "+1"...

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
Time format Aug 10, 2006

This is a bit off-topic, but would it be possible to make the time format consistent throughout the site? In the top right corner of the page I can see now 21:18 GMT, but, in the top right corner of my posting, I will probably see 9:18 pm. As a translator, I would certainly appreciate some consistency.

Melina Kajander
Melina Kajander
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
Does seem strange though... Sep 17, 2006

Well, the site clock does seem a bit strange... Just now when I opened this thread, the site clock said "19.10 GMT" (real UK time 20.34, so the clock was 24 minutes behind, [allowing for the daylight savings time]), but then, after one minute, the site clock said "19.35" (correct GMT)! It seemingly advances in leaps...?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

It seems Proz clock is slow ('no, looks ok')

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »