Thread poster: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:49
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jul 1, 2010

I've just posted a job and trying to get all the criteria right I went back and forth between the pages. Whenever I went back to a screen, it appears that all fields reverted back to the default however many times I changed these...

Somehow, I can't remember being given the option to not restrict the applicants by ProZ membership which now appears to be a criterion for my job. Looks like I'll just have to close this job and post a new one....

[Subject edited by staff or mode
... See more
I've just posted a job and trying to get all the criteria right I went back and forth between the pages. Whenever I went back to a screen, it appears that all fields reverted back to the default however many times I changed these...

Somehow, I can't remember being given the option to not restrict the applicants by ProZ membership which now appears to be a criterion for my job. Looks like I'll just have to close this job and post a new one....

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-07-01 22:36 GMT]
Collapse

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is getting a bit ridiculous Jul 1, 2010

I've just re-posted the job and made sure anyone can quote. Still the job is posted as restricted to members....

One last try...

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 15:49
SITE STAFF
If you need help posting a job, support is the place to go Jul 1, 2010

Hi Madeleine,

The member-only (or not) requirement is at the bottom of the first page of the job post form, under "Service provider requirements (optional)".

If you're having trouble posting a job, support staff can probably better help you via support request than in the forum.

Best regards,

Jared

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Finally Jul 1, 2010

Thanks Jared, I know exactly where the selection of options is located. I ticked the option I wanted a number of times, but it constantly reverted to the default 12 hours alternative.

However, finally I've managed to post the job I intended.

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
FWIW Jul 1, 2010

It used to be the case, certainly, that the system would automatically restrict jobs to members only if a large number met the other criteria. It happened to me when I posted a Fr-Eng job a couple of years ago.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Difficulty setting criteria for job posting

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »