Thread poster: Maya Jurt
Maya Jurt
Maya Jurt  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:02
French to German
+ ...
Dec 14, 2001

Le 13 décembre, Raffaella Gorini a annoncé 6300 mots à traduire jusqu\'au 19 décembre, de l\'allemand en français. Il y a eu dix candidatures dont la mienne.

Avant de postuler, j\'ai consulté l\'archive de TCR qui m\'a appris que les tarifs pratiqués par cette agence sont extrêmement bas. J\'ai donc offert, comme je le fais toujours, € 0.15 par mot.

A ma grande surprise, Raffaella m\'a immédiatement contacté pour me demander les termes suivan
... See more
Le 13 décembre, Raffaella Gorini a annoncé 6300 mots à traduire jusqu\'au 19 décembre, de l\'allemand en français. Il y a eu dix candidatures dont la mienne.

Avant de postuler, j\'ai consulté l\'archive de TCR qui m\'a appris que les tarifs pratiqués par cette agence sont extrêmement bas. J\'ai donc offert, comme je le fais toujours, € 0.15 par mot.

A ma grande surprise, Raffaella m\'a immédiatement contacté pour me demander les termes suivants:

Bilanzwert Wertänderungsrücklage

originäre Finanzinstrumente

Forderungen Ausleihungen

Beteiligungen

sonstige Vermögenswerte

originäre Vermögenswerte davon cash flow Sicherungen

originäre Vermögenswerte davon zur Veräußerung verfügbar

finanzielle Schulden

finanzielle Schulden davon cash flow Sicherungen

Derivative Finanzinstrumente

Währungssicherungen

Comme je suis curieuse de nature, je l\'ai fait en 5 minutes. Dans mon e-mail, je lui ai fait part de mon étonnement, et je lui ai dit que normalement, je ne traduis pas des textes envoyés individuellement, car il y avait trop d\'abus.

Aujourd\'hui, elle m\'envoie un mail très laconique et m\'informe qu\'un autre traducteur ait été choisi. Je m\'y attendais.

La question est maintenant:

Avez-vous postulé?

Avez-vous reçu le mème texte que moi?

Avez-vous été choisi?

Prière de me contacter par mail si ce sjuet vous concerne. En cas d\'abus, j\'aimerais bien informer Laura Hastings du site TCR.

Grand merci et meilleurs messages

Maya

Collapse

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Local time: 02:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
food for thought Dec 15, 2001

Dear Maya,

mnay other translators also may find themselves in such a predicament.

I believe that the real reason could possible be that for the first time agencies all over the world found translators ready to translate for 2 cents or 4 cents per word, all at one site at the click of a button.

Given such a situation which agency in its right sense would feel it sensible to call you by phone and ask you to translate?

It i
... See more
Dear Maya,

I believe that the real reason could possible be that for the first time agencies all over the world found translators ready to translate for 2 cents or 4 cents per word, all at one site at the click of a button.

Given such a situation which agency in its right sense would feel it sensible to call you by phone and ask you to translate?

It is worth considering this aspect. We now have to think how to save the profession of translation.

It is perfectly right to run translators\' cooperative as a business , but in the process possibly cause considerable damage to the profession.

Do not flock to places where angels fear to walk.

Collapse

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...

Dear Maya,

It i
... See more
Dear Maya,

It is worth considering this aspect. We now have to think how to save the profession of translation.

It is perfectly right to run translators\' cooperative as a business , but in the process possibly cause considerable damage to the profession.

Collapse

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...

I believe that the real reason is that for the first time agencies all over the world found translators ready to translate for 2 cents or 4 cents per word, all at one site at the click of a button.

it is perfectly legitimate to run
... See more
I believe that the real reason is that for the first time agencies all over the world found translators ready to translate for 2 cents or 4 cents per word, all at one site at the click of a button.

it is perfectly legitimate to run a cooerative as a business , but the translators should not complain, they have to fend for themselves.

Collapse

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...

xxxx

Maya Jurt
Maya Jurt  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Lethargy Dec 15, 2001

Dear Telesforo,

Many answers, one message. I agree with you of course.

I am far from complaining for myself. I knew what I was doing and I wanted to confirm to myself what I was thinking all along.

Now, where are those nine others? Either they have not seen the message or they don\'t care, or they are to timorous to answer, not knowing what this could lead too. (It leads to nothing, except to a warning for other translators if this must be so.)

... See more
Dear Telesforo,

Many answers, one message. I agree with you of course.

I am far from complaining for myself. I knew what I was doing and I wanted to confirm to myself what I was thinking all along.

Now, where are those nine others? Either they have not seen the message or they don\'t care, or they are to timorous to answer, not knowing what this could lead too. (It leads to nothing, except to a warning for other translators if this must be so.)

There are people of good will on this site who would like to see things move towards an improvement of the translators\' status.

However, you can\'t help people who don\'t want to be helped.

It was worth a try.

Greetings

Maya

Collapse

Carole Muller
Carole Muller
Denmark
English to French
+ ...
Maya, mail me directly Dec 15, 2001

Maya Hi,

Mail me the name of the agency. I was contacted directly by an agency to do some translation into Danish and I want to see if it\'s the same agency.

THks
[addsig]

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Can you name it in public please? Dec 16, 2001

I think that you could probably name the agency here, not only for the benefit of the community, but also tyo have more chances of getting noticed by the other nine bidders...

Ciao

Luca

Quote:

On 2001-12-15 16:50, cm_quality wrote:

Maya Hi,

Mail me the name of the agency. I was contacted directly by an agency to do some translation into Danish and I want to see if it\'s... See more
I think that you could probably name the agency here, not only for the benefit of the community, but also tyo have more chances of getting noticed by the other nine bidders...

Ciao

Luca

Quote:

On 2001-12-15 16:50, cm_quality wrote:

Maya Hi,

Mail me the name of the agency. I was contacted directly by an agency to do some translation into Danish and I want to see if it\'s the same agency.

THks

Collapse

Samy Boutayeb
Samy Boutayeb  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
La ficelle était grosse Dec 19, 2001

Bonjour à tous,

Je suis l\'un des 10 qui ont répondu au bid posté par Raffaella Gorini. J\'ai fait les vérifications d\'usage pour savoir à qui j\'avais affaire, d\'autant que les messages de RG apparaissaient sans signature de société. Suspect, en tout cas inhabituel. Je voulais avoir la confirmation de mes soupçons et j\'ai fait le test (bizarre, une liste de termes à traduire, hors contexte). Bien entendu, j\'ai reçu la réponse d\'usage : \"désolé, un autre traducteur
... See more
Bonjour à tous,

Je suis l\'un des 10 qui ont répondu au bid posté par Raffaella Gorini. J\'ai fait les vérifications d\'usage pour savoir à qui j\'avais affaire, d\'autant que les messages de RG apparaissaient sans signature de société. Suspect, en tout cas inhabituel. Je voulais avoir la confirmation de mes soupçons et j\'ai fait le test (bizarre, une liste de termes à traduire, hors contexte). Bien entendu, j\'ai reçu la réponse d\'usage : \"désolé, un autre traducteur a été choisi, mais nous gardons votre nom dans notre base, bla bla bla\".

Conclusion : une arnaque confirmée, jusqu\'à preuve du contraire.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-12-19 14:12 ]
Collapse

3 in 1
3 in 1
French to German
+ ...
J'ai été contactée aussi Jan 6, 2002

J\'ai été contactée aussi par la même agence/personne un peu avant l\'offre dont vous parlez (v. ci-dessous). Je n\'avais rien à perdre et j\'ai donc envoyé mon CV. Evidemment tout cela est resté sans suite. Même pour une (aide à la) traduction gratuite, on préfère les traducteurs expérimentés, il n\'y a rien d\'illogique à cela!

Martina

---------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 9:27 AM
... See more
J\'ai été contactée aussi par la même agence/personne un peu avant l\'offre dont vous parlez (v. ci-dessous). Je n\'avais rien à perdre et j\'ai donc envoyé mon CV. Evidemment tout cela est resté sans suite. Même pour une (aide à la) traduction gratuite, on préfère les traducteurs expérimentés, il n\'y a rien d\'illogique à cela!

Martina

---------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 9:27 AM

Subject: [ProZ mail] traductions

-----------

You have been sent a message via your ProZ.com page.

Author: flag agency

-----------

Est-ce que vous pouvez nous envoyer votre CV? Nous avons des traductions de l\\\'allemand au français.

Merci

Raffaella Gorini

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Andriy Bublikov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FLAG AGENCY MILANO

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »