Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:44
Member (2013)
English to Russian
Not sure what you mean Feb 3, 2015

bernade wrote:

I saw that you could import a txt file with the subtitles to save time. So I'm trying to. Each actor's name if followed by a : There are only 2 actors, but somehow, the text is not cut between each actor, only between the same actor… Don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Thanks again

I am not sure what you mean. Could you please elaborate?

Bernadette Vincent-De heyder
Bernadette Vincent-De heyder
Cambodia
Local time: 18:44
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
sorted :-) Feb 4, 2015

Hi Max, sorry, wasn't clear enough. By hitting return after every line in the .txt file, it worked. I could open the document in Aegisub and have all the subtitles separated correctly. Now I just have to time it.

It's just difficult to get clear information about the program even the official manual is a bit vague sometimes.

Thank you... See more
Hi Max, sorry, wasn't clear enough. By hitting return after every line in the .txt file, it worked. I could open the document in Aegisub and have all the subtitles separated correctly. Now I just have to time it.

It's just difficult to get clear information about the program even the official manual is a bit vague sometimes.

Thank you

I am not sure what you mean. Could you please elaborate? [/quote]
Collapse

Marja Härmänmaa
Marja Härmänmaa  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:44
Member (2018)
English to Finnish
+ ...
translating subtitles with Mac? Apr 20, 2018

Hi everyone! Which program do you recommed for a professional subtitle translator working with Mac....? Thanks

jbjb
jbjb  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 13:44
Estonian to English
+ ...
Annotation Edit Apr 22, 2018

Never used it myself but as far as I know, Annotation Edit is the only viable professional solution for Mac.
Everybody seems to say, though, that is far worse than the leading PC software options. But up to 10 times cheaper as well.

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:44
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Apr 22, 2018

jbjb wrote:

Never used it myself but as far as I know, Annotation Edit is the only viable professional solution for Mac.
Everybody seems to say, though, that is far worse than the leading PC software options. But up to 10 times cheaper as well.

Belle Nuit is free now.

Jarek Kulikowski
Jarek Kulikowski
Canada
Local time: 07:44
Polish to English
Subtitle creator web application May 15, 2018

I am a translator (amateur Polish-English) and a developer (professional). Unsatisfied with the subtitle software I've seen I decided to write my own. You can find it at https://captionflow.com. The basic version should be simple to use. Many advanced features are also available if you create an account (there is no fee).
Although the current version is functional, I am constantly thinking of new featu
... See more
I am a translator (amateur Polish-English) and a developer (professional). Unsatisfied with the subtitle software I've seen I decided to write my own. You can find it at https://captionflow.com. The basic version should be simple to use. Many advanced features are also available if you create an account (there is no fee).
Although the current version is functional, I am constantly thinking of new features. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited at 2018-05-15 01:20 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling software for Mac

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »