Cem_Kent (X)
Cem_Kent (X)
Spain
Local time: 15:50
English to German
+ ...
Aug 14, 2017

Hello everybody,

I've been doing some subtitle translations (Eng-Ger) recently. I really loved the work but as there's not always work, I'd like to apply to several further Netflix partners / copanies with similar work. I googled and applied to 5-10 companies; no response yet. Which Netflix partner are you working for? I can translate from Eng-Ger and Eng-Tur.

Have a nice day!

Cem

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:50
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Aug 14, 2017

Cem_Kent wrote:

Hello everybody,

I've been doing some subtitle translations (Eng-Ger) recently. I really loved the work but as there's not always work, I'd like to apply to several further Netflix partners / copanies with similar work. I googled and applied to 5-10 companies; no response yet. Which Netflix partner are you working for? I can translate from Eng-Ger and Eng-Tur.

Have a nice day!

Cem

Hi Cem,

No one will be able to tell you which Netflix partner they are working for, and whether they work with Netflix at all, because it is strictly against the NDA. You will have to do research on your own.

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Not a top secret info Aug 14, 2017

I don't think it's a top secret info, which companies are Netflix vendors and Netflix doesn't hide it, either.
Just google "Netflix preferred vendors" and voila.

T. Lah (X)

Andriy Bublikov
Andriy Bublikov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:50
French to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Yes. It's a top secret info Aug 14, 2017

I agree withWojciech_. It's a top secret info.

jbjb
jbjb  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 16:50
Estonian to English
+ ...
netflix Aug 15, 2017

Netflix seems to be particularly open about its business practices now, forcing everyone working for them to add translator names to translations (the first time this has happened in international subtitling, with the exception of French).
Here's a list of European NPV's working for Netflix - including the languages they work in.
https://npv.netflix.com/europe
We also know that all of the
... See more
Netflix seems to be particularly open about its business practices now, forcing everyone working for them to add translator names to translations (the first time this has happened in international subtitling, with the exception of French).
Here's a list of European NPV's working for Netflix - including the languages they work in.
https://npv.netflix.com/europe
We also know that all of these companies are paid USD 12 per minute for English-German subtitling and USD 10.50 per minute for English-Turkish (30% more for Originals) but the rate is for both translating and proofreading and technical delivery.

[Edited at 2017-08-15 12:05 GMT]
Collapse

Cem_Kent (X)
Cem_Kent (X)
Spain
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Aug 15, 2017

thanks for your responses, guys! you helped me a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Netflix partners

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »