What is the purpose of "Autohide" in Trados Studio 2017?
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 10:26
German to English
+ ...
Jun 25, 2017

Because I work with a laptop I do not have space to keep the Termviewer open. After adding a term, I would have thought that Autohide would do this, but it seems to have no function. Am I missing something?

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Add term or add quick term Jun 25, 2017

What method are you using to add the term to the term base?

If you are using the normal add term (Ctrl-F2) the software will wait for you to save the term before implementing auto hide. But if you are using add quick term the term viewer will automatically save the term for you and close after a few seconds, IF you do not have your cursor in the term viewer, otherwise it will wait for you to move your cursor out of the term viewer before auto hiding.

Ben

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autohide Jun 25, 2017

Thanks Ben, it now works as I want.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the purpose of "Autohide" in Trados Studio 2017?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »